Grade 5 Pompeii
Hi! Welcome to the Ambrit Grade 5 Pompeii Blog. This blog has been created to allow parents, family and friends to live the Pompeii field trip experience with their children! Feel free to read the children's postings and check out their photos!
Please remember however, that the blog is read-only. No parent comments are able to be made.
Thank you and let's get AMONGST THE RUINS!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
BJ
My name is Alex. I live at Herculaneum with my brother and sister. I like Herculaneum city because it's a wondulful city. And I love my house because it big and huge and my house location is near by sea so I love it. My bakery store is small and it is pretty because there is beautiful painting on the wall, My house had a beautiful wall and good table. I have lot of money. So I can help poor people. And I love my job as the baker.
Alexis
Hello, my name is Flavius Cracius I am 13 years old. My father is a wealthy and rich senator and my grand father was a centurion. My older brother, Marcus Cracius II, was named after my father, he is nineteen years old and a general in the Roman army.
I live in Pompeii with my mother, Gracia Cracius, she is a noblewoman. We live at the southeast border of Pompeii. I like it here because you can get a really nice view of the countryside and Stabia.
I have a big villa with fifteen slaves and a garden with a guard dog. I have a big room of my own and there are also barracks for my slaves. My mom lives in another room but still in the villa.
I have a greek tutor named Nikos, he is very funny. Every day I learn Greek and Latin with him for three hours. The rest of the day I hire a litter to take me around the city of Pompeii.
This is my life and I really like it. Nothing bad ever happens and I would prefer that it would stay the way it is.
Flavius Cracius, August 20, 74 A.D.
Nicholas
My name is Titus Flavius and I live in Herculaneum. I am forty-eight years old and I live in in the nearest house near the Mediterranean sea in Herculaneum. I am an artist in San Titus art school and I have many friends. I have a son called Sistius who is fourteen years old and he is the best student in his class and I hope that he would continue working hard to become a senator like me. I am worried because I don 't know if I should tell my son the thought that my wife is dead. ... to be continued
Olimpia
I am Clio a noble-child. I am 10 years old and I live in Pompeii. I have a pet dog named Cha-Cha, she is very big and cosy.
I have a very big house because I live in Pompeii, a very big city. I like where I live.
Once my mom was a slave but then my dad married her. . .
Clio, August 24, 79 A.D.
Jakob
My name is Amelius Son of Alexandra. I'm 21 years old, I live in Herculaneum and own my own ship. I live in a villa right next to the sea. I live with my wife Alexandra daughter of Gaius and 2 children Alexnder and Gaius.
I chose to live in Herculaneum because it is very clean, there is a very big and busy port and lots of goods to be brought to Pompeii or Neapolis. There are also some christians that hope for an escape through the sea to an empire were cristianity is allowed.
I live in a huge villa right next to the sea. You enter into an entry hall with a mosaic floor, to the left is my bedroom. Further ahead is the living room to the right in the living room is the dining room and to your left the kitchen and the bathroom. Behind them are the slave rooms for my 20 slaves. Further along the living room there is the inner court yard with a fountain. Then you enter a long hallway that leads to my private baths. There is another hallway similar to the one before except this one leads to the palestra and behind that there is the library. Behind the library comes a swimming pool that connects you once again to the inner court yard and you can do every thing all over again.
Rocco
Hello, my name is Marcus Cracius. I live in Herculaneum. I'm a general of the roman army. In my family I have a brother called Flavius Cracius. He is just 13 years old so he is too young to go to work. My dad is a senator, I was named after him. My mother, Gracia Cracius doesn't have a job, she just stays at home. I am a rich man and a friend of Julius Caesar. I also have a friend called Johannes Massimus.
I live in a small city at the foot of a lovely mountain called Vesuvius. it's in the bay of Naples. I like to live there so much because there is the sea and my imperial fleat is very close by.
My villa is so big it has an amphitheater. I also have my private baths. I am fair to my 15 slaves, and i also give them a room.
Every day I wake up early to go to the main Roman camp. There I train or teach legionaries tactics of battle. In the evening I usually have Johannes over to dine. Some days I just stay at home and relax.
This is my life in Herculaneum.
Marcus, August 24, 74 A.D.
Tom
Hi! my name is Gaius Cesar and welcome to my life as a rich and wealthy senator.
I live in Herculaneum in a villa on the coast. I live with 2 children and a wife. I like Herculaneum because it is peaceful and relaxing.
My home is the biggest there is. I live with 2 children and a wife. I find they are good company and my children have fun and go to school. I am now 45 years old and the people of Italy like me for my generosity. My wife is a noble woman and the best friend of the emperor Gaius Julius Ceaser and my children have loads of friends. In my house I have more than 100 slaves.
As I told you I am a senator and a great friend of the emperor. I have a schedule to follow for work so I go to work at 8 hours past midnight and come back home at 8 hours before midnight. I enjoy my work and family and I continue my long life.
Gaius Ceaser, August 25, 76 AD
Kieran
My distinguished colleagues, remembered associates, famous comrades, I will tell you the story of my daily and yearly life, the life of Johannes Jove Massimus.
When I was very young, I lived in the golden city of Jerusalem, until the romans sacked us. At the time, I was a zealot soldier and fought with the rebellion. It was then when I was captured. I was taken to the gladiatorial games in Pompeii. It was there where I won my freedom.
I became a merchant, slowly rising from a low caste to an elite group called patricians. Then I bought a house in Herculaneum. The smell of the sea enriches my senses and the view is wonderful in the seaside town.
As a merchant, my home is as beautifully decorated as I could get it. My walls are adorned with frescos and mosaics which are showing the stories of David and Moses. As a man of luxury, I has a sauna and cold baths. Since I do not really believe in slavery, my slave quarters are as beautiful as the rest of my house.
Everyday day I wake up and go to the sauna, then to the cold room. I have an exotic breakfast, usually consisting of fruit like dragonfruit and papaya. I love good wine and mead, with the occasional bit of brandy. For lunch I have meat and a side dish which varies. In the evening I go to my friend Marcus Cracius's house.
That is my life, the life of Johannes Jove Massimas.
Johannes Jove Massimas, 25 March, 16 AD
Andrea
Hi my name is Flavius Gaius Gemino and I'm a farmer and I live at the foot of Mt.Vesuvius. I'm married with a wife called Myrtilla two sons and two girls.The bigger is Vulcan he is twelve years old then there Flavia, ten years old, Minerva eight years old and Marcus is six years old, I'm forty and my wife is thirty five.
I live at the foot of the Vesuvius a huge mountain that you can see from Naples, Pompeii, Stabiae and HerculaneumI live from when I was 25 and I really like it, but all my friends and parents live in Pompeii a really big and urban city near Mt Vesuvius.I like living at the foot of the Vesuvius because there is a lot of silence.
My home has one floor but a big garden where I plant things. It has three bed rooms one for Vulcan and Marcus and another one for me and Myrtilla and another for Minerva and Flavia.My family has six members. I have a huge atrium with all graffiti in it. Then theres the kitchen with the picture of the royal palace and then a living room with white walls. My wife Myrtilla is from Africa and she has black skin like all my sons and daughters.
I'm a pleiebian, I do the farming and I love doing it, it's my favourite thing ever. My schedule is: I wake up at 8:00 o clock I start planting at nine o clock then i stop at lunch time. I restart at two o'clock and finish at five o clock........
Flavius Gemino, August 23, 79 A.D.
Marianna
My name is Roberta daughter of Octavian Augustus the first emperor of rome.I am 17 years old and my sister, called Silvia, is 18. I have blond hair and blue eyes. I am sort of tall and elegant.I love jewelry. I am very sensible. This is me.
My family and I live in the posh city of Herculaneum. I like Herculaneum because it's near the sea .My house is the biggest of all.It's a resort for rich people. When I walk down the street I see beautiful villas but mine is the best. My city is calm and quiet... nothing exiting happens but i like it.
I am married to a young senator called Marcus and our daughter is called Cecilia; she is 3 years old. My house is a huge villa on the coast of Herculaneum. It is a 2 stories house..............
Roberta, August 24 79 A.D.
Chiara
My name is Silvia, daughter of the first emperor of rome: Octavian Augustus. I'm the sister of Roberta who is seventeen years old while I'm 18. I have long, dark brown hair and big, dark green eyes. I'm tall and very elegant. My skin is a brownish color that comes from my mother and I'm very thin. I'm very alike to my mother: same dark, long hair and green eyes.
I have lots of clothes and jewelery because i just love them like my sister. I just love shopping and buying stuff for me and my daughter. I'm very sensible and sweet.
I live with my family in a very posh city near the sea called Herculaneum. There, me and my sister have the biggest houses of all. I like my city a lot . My life is very rich in this city. Herculaneum is a vacation place for rich people. I like the sea a lot so my father bought me a house there. The city has a lot of shops but not as many as Pompeii so very often me and my daughter go there.
In Herculaneum I am very happy because this city is very nice and calm
I'm married to a senator called Jhonathan and I have one daughter who's called Ilaria and she's four. My house is very big. It has two stories. In all the house there is : an atrium, four bedrooms, a dining room, a kitchen, two gardens, a peristyle, a shop, private baths, a swimming pool, a palestra, a latrine and a balcony which looks on the sea.
Silvia Augustus, August 22, 79 A.D
Saskia
My Life
Hello my name is Flavia Gemina and I am a noble girl. I live in the city of Herculaneum a nice seaside town. I love my life and am very happy. I have greenish brown eyes and straight blond hair reaching 10 cm under my shoulders when it's not put up. When my hair is up it's in a stylish bun on my head. That's a little information about me.
The city of Herculaneum is fascinating. It is very beautiful with lots of frescos and mosaics. The sea comes right up to our city and we get water easily. Our streets are always clean unlike Pompeii. I don't like big cities which is why I like Herculaneum better.
My home is big and I am treated very well. We have 20 slaves and 5 of them work at our private baths. The other 15 do other household work. We have a wonderful dinner everyday. We have a lot of fine food after the harvest including grapes from our patron. I have 7 adopted sisters, we are all very bright kids. Our house has a big garden, an atrium, a kitchen, a living room, a big slaves quaters, a swimming pool, a storege room, a library, a private study for my dad and a playroom for us. My mom is called Miriam and she is very rich. Our parents give us nice clothes and love us very much.
During the week when dad's at work I play with my 7 sisters and walk around town with some friends............ to be continued.
Flavia, 21 March, 74 A.D.
Dominic
I am Marcus Cesar a senetor in Herculaneum. I and many other people decide the rules in the city and its growth. I am fair to the poor and very rich.
Herculaeum is a small and quiet city. It has a view of the sea and of Mt. Vesuvius. I live in a big villa with my wife, children and parents. I like Herculaeum because it is calm and cozy rather than busy Pompeii.
My villa has a bathroom in the back an in the middle an atrium and garden. At the sides there are bed rooms, a triclinium, an office. My brother Gaius Cesar lives next door. Sometimes my theater fills up with slaves, relatives and friends. My wife and children like the amphitheater.
Marcus, August 2, 78 A.D.
Alessandro
My name is Fabio Massimo like the roman emperor. I am an old tribune of the roman army in Judea, but now I am a senator. I live in Pompeii but i often go to Rome to meet Emperor Vespasian. Rome is my city of birth, I lived there for ten years when my father was in the army. Then, when he retired, we moved to a villa in Herculaneum. My father still lives in that villa and I visit hm every vacation I have.
Pompeii is a very busy city but I like it. I live here because my job requires it. Even though I prefer Herculaneum, Pompeii is a fascinating city. My favorite thing about this city is the amphitheatre, I love gladiaters fights. Pompeii is located in the center-south of the bay of Neapolis, its north of Stabia and south of Herculaneum and Neapolis.
My house is actually a villa of 252 meters squared. In it there are many rooms: kitchen, two bathrooms, librery, garden, atrium, palestra, triclinum, storage room, kids room, my room, 21 slaves rooms, the pool and the private baths. I have 21 slaves that work for me.
My family consists in seven people: my mom Flavia, my dad Titus Aurelio, my five adopted Kids: Aurelio Massimo, Fabio Aurelio, Cesare Augusto, Cerare Massimo and Cesare aurelio. I have adopted kids because I never wanted to marry. They all want to become senators apart from Fabio Aurelio, who wants to becaome a magistrate, and Cesare Massimo who wants to become a gladiator. My mom and my dad are the oldest married cupple in the bay of Neapolis, they were married for 45 years and they are 63 and 60.
I really like my job as senator. Every day I write letter to the emperor explaning what happend in Pompeii...
Fabio Massimo ( 3/3/AD35-24/8/79AD) 24 august 79AD
Lena
Hi, I am a noblewoman living in Herculaneum. My name is Miriam I have black hair and black eyes. I love to take baths in our excellent bath house. My children love my Herculaneum Vila, especially Flavia. I have 8 children, 7 of them are adopted, Flavia is the only one not adopted.
Herculaneum is really relaxing, at all times, except when it rains. I really like Herculaneum because it is my home land and because it is small and luxurious.
My Herculaneum Villa is very big. It has 25 slaves, two swimming pools and a big bath house. My house has more than 20 rooms. My children are called: Gemina, Nubia, Flavia , Julia, Alexandra and Olimpia. My Husband is called Gaius, I was forced to marry him.
To be continued...
Miriam, 21 May, 74 A.D.
Post a Comment