Grade 5 Pompeii

Hi! Welcome to the Ambrit Grade 5 Pompeii Blog. This blog has been created to allow parents, family and friends to live the Pompeii field trip experience with their children! Feel free to read the children's postings and check out their photos! 
Please remember however, that the blog is read-only. No parent comments are able to be made.
Thank you and let's get AMONGST THE RUINS!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

5B - Pompeii Similies

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manuella
When the people of Pompeii were running from Mt,Vesuvius it must have been like running from a set of loose tigers.
Pompeii was as hot as a burning stove.
Pompeii was as big as the dark,deep, blue sea.
When I was with my friends in Pompeii I was as happy as a millionaire.

Anonymous said...

Carlotta
The brown color of the volcano was as dark as chocolate mousse.

The ice creams Ms.Beeton gave us were as colorful as a butterfly's wing.

The sun was as bright as a newly-born star,shining in the pale turquoise sky.

The glittering stars that reflected on the dark blue Tyrrehenian Sea were as bright as the pale yellow sun.

Anonymous said...

Darien
I ate like a bear.

I climded the volcano like a horse.

The steam was like clouds in the sky.

I slept like a log.

I listened like a wolf to the guide.

The beds of the hotel were as hard as rock.

Anonymous said...

Joanna

At Pompeii, I felt like a penguin in the desert looking for water because it was really hot.

When I was at the top of Mt.Vesuvius, I felt that I was flying through the sky like an eagle, feeling the cold breeze brush through my hair.

The huge cloud of ash and rocks swooped down like an airplane landing, but faster!

Anonymous said...

Isabella
Mt.Vesuvius was as foggy as if pure, white blankets were wrapped around it.

Mt.Vesuvius was so difficult to climb that I felt as if for every step I turned to sand and slid down to the bottom and started all over again.

The brilliant, vibrant sun illuminated the small city of Pompeii as if it was a torch just been turned on in a dark room.

Anonymous said...

Marco

The guide was as friendly as a happy dolphin.

The souvenir I bought was as white as mozzarella cheese.

The mosaics we saw in Herculaneum were as colorful as a big ice-cream.

Anonymous said...

Giulia
Mt. Vesuvius is as tall as 30 giraffes put one over another.
Pompeii is as beautiful as a rose blooming in a sunny spring day.
On top of Vesuvius I felt like a bird flying on top of a mountain.
The nocciola icecream that I ate was delicious as if I ate my favorite
pizza alla Margherita.
The guide that we had was as gentle as geneorus person.

Anonymous said...

Maria Julia

The sun was as bright as a star in the indigo night sky.

The ice-creams that Ms.Beeton gave us were as colorful as a newly born rainbow after a stormy night.

Mt.Vesuvius was as brown as a chocolate ice-cream on a sundae.

Pompeii was as hot as Mt.Vesuvius' flowing lava.

Anonymous said...

Laurence
Vesuvius was as big and tall as a giant on a ladder leading to the heavens.
Pompii was an anvil and the sun was beating on it like a hammer.
At the top of Mt.Vesuvius many people looked down and seemed as scared as an elephant meeting an army of mice.

Anonymous said...

Laura

The clouds were covering Mt. Vesuvius like whipped cream covering strawberries.

Mt. Vesuvius erupted like a pin passing in a bubble or balloon.

When I saw the dead bodies I felt as I could see their fear through their eyes.

Anonymous said...

Marianne
The wind that passed through my hair was as fresh as the wind of the North Pole.

The sun that brightened my eyes was as hot has a forest burning in fire.

The cloud was like a grey sponge full of water that was dripping on my head.

The cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum and their art were as beautiful as a flower that had just bloomed.

Anonymous said...

Jacopo

Pompeii was as hot as if Mt.Vesuvius was erupting.

The sky was as blue as a giant lake.

The ice cream Miss.Beeton gave us was as cold as the North Pole.

The stars were as glittering as a newly bought golden ring.

Anonymous said...

Madison


Pompeii's ruins were as well
preserved as a picture on a wall in a public place, where you can see, but not touch.
Mt. Vesuvius' soil is as rich as gelato, fresh in the gelateria.
When I was looking at Herculaneum, I was imagining the city as if people still lived there.

Anonymous said...

Clara

The mosaics from Herculaneum were as colorful as a thousand beautiful butterflies mixed together.

I was so amazed by Mt. Vesuvius that I felt as if my mouth would never close again.

I imagine the hot boiling lava which looked like tomato sauce bubbeling in a pan with steaming hot water at the time of the eruption.

The guide was so intresting that I felt as if my head was going to explode.

Anonymous said...

Ossian
Pompeii was as beautiful as a sunset on a summer evening.

The view from Mt. Vesuvius was as beautiful as I never even thought it would possibly be.

The weather was as warm as on the planet Mars.

The mosaic was as colourful as a landskape full of flowers.

Anonymous said...

Marco

When I was on Vesuvius I felt like
a bird in the clouds.

People died when Vesuvius erupted
just like a trap for rats.

When I saw Pompeii ruins I felt like
living in Ancient Rome times.

Anonymous said...

Laurence part 2!
In the hotel's bed I was as snug as a bug in a rug.
Whe I joked with my friends I laughed like a monkey.

Anonymous said...

Alessandro

The clouds above our heads were as white as whipped cream on an ice cream.

Mt.Vesuvius was as tall as five Eiffel towers on top of each other.

The city of Pompeii was as large as the fattest giant in the universe.

The boiling lava was as hot as a new strawberry in Summer.

Anonymous said...

Gregory
I looked up from below and I knew Mt. Vesuvius was going to grow. It will be so slow but i knew it was going to grow.
I looked on the internet at its crater but from here it looks even greater.

BY Gregory

Anonymous said...

Orphée
In 79 A.D. on the 24 of August, everything was normal (except for some aerth quakes, not long ago) and people in Pompeii were finishing their siesta,snoring like a sleeping bear.

Suddenly Vesuvius started working and roaring like (as Romans say) Vulcan, the god of fire. Smoke was coming out, the people had wide eyes as if they were going to pop out of their heads and their mouths as big as a hippo's! They only knew that their homes, thinking it would be safe, (though it wasn't) others tried to run away !